Trade in reconditioner - sales support - yard upkeep - Transporter operator - Jack/Jill of all trade's legend! - Tractors and Farm Machinery
Ken has been working this position for 10 years now, and has decided to hang his overalls up and retire, so the time has come to fill this important role.
The gap Ken leaves is broad and varied, and as such, we are open minded as to how we replace him.
Mostly, the role focusses on the day to day upkeep and logistics around our new and used machinery stock. Tasks include:
- Collection, appraisal, cleaning reconditioning and detailing of used tractors and machinery
- Basic assembly, cleaning and presentation and display of new tractors and machinery
- Delivery and dispatch logistics - loading and unloading trucks safely
- Checking incoming and outgoing stock, reporting damage and arrivals to relevant parties
- General yard duties, managing display spaces
- Upkeep of the building and yards as required
- Operating transporter for deliveries and pickups as required
- Assisting in workshop tasks if necessary
Given the variety in this role, the position could suit an individual from a variety of backgrounds. You might have mechanical, trades, agricultural, transporter driving or other practical experience that we can adapt to the role. More importantly though, we are interested in your ability to demonstrate these traits:
- A positive attitude and outlook, and a desire to achieve
- High levels of motivation, and a willingness to ‘step up' when needed
- Attention to detail, and pride in your workmanship
- Ability to adapt and be flexible
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to understand instruction
- Good people skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Good physical health
- Pride in your appearance and conduct
- Ability to operate and maintain a late model transporter
- A class 5 licence
Though we see this as a full time role, depending on the skill set you can offer we are open to the possibility of part time or hours to suit your needs.
We want to reward our people well, and remuneration will be based on what you can bring to the role.
Power Farming Ashburton's job is to Keep Farmers Growing, and to do that, making sure we have the right people in our team is critical. If you think this could be you, and are interested in learning more, please click the button below to apply. Or, Contact Simon Jackson, Dealer Principal on 0275127205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 20th May but will be reviewed as they arrive.
Please note due to the current COVID situation, only applicants currently residing in New Zealand, with the right to work, will be considered